Dudley Knox Library contributes to learning, research and teaching -- anytime, anywhere -- through relevant and evolving collections, tools, services, and spaces designed for NPS patrons of today and tomorrow.
Select and provide Scholarly Content relevant to NPS instructional and research needs
Promote Seamless Access and Remove Barriers to collections, people, and services
Create Learner-Centered physical and virtual Spaces
Assure Institutional Memory through a centralized repository for the NPS scholarly record and archives
Monthly Updates to the President's Student Council
Need help with your research? Ask a Librarian.
We are trying something new! Beginning Tuesday, September 2, we will offer research assistance as a paged service Monday through Friday, 0800-1600. Need research help? Just ask at our General Information Desk.
Breakfast For Your Brain Returns to Dudley Knox Library:
This wonderful program offering free tutoring to area K-12 students resumed on Saturday, September 6. NPS and DLI students will be available in the library 0900-1100 most Saturday mornings during the school year.
Library Extended Hours:
In support of upcoming final exams, we will extend our evening hours beginning September 12 and continuing through September 19. Library hours for the extended hours period are as follows:
• Friday, September 12: 0700-2100
• Saturday, September 13: 0900-2100
• Sunday, September 14: 1200-2200
• Monday-Thursday, September 15-18: 0700-2200
• Friday, September 19: 0700-2100
• Monday-Friday, September 22-26: 0800-1630
• Regular Weekend Hours: Saturday, September 27: 0900-1700; Sunday, September 28 : 1200-2000
• Regular weekday hours resume Monday, September 29, 2014
With graduation approaching, we will be reminding students of resources available through our Alumni Access as they out-process This is a great resource with over 2,600 NPS Alumni registered.
• 15-30 September we are remodeling the Group Study rooms. Please see the General Information Desk for alternative study spaces that are available for your use during the remodel.
• Design Sp@ce: We have a Design Sp@ce in our lower level to support design thinking. The concept was featured in the AUG 2014 issue of UPDATE NPS. We hope to continue to add technology to this space and anticipate the arrival of ENO interactive whiteboards in the new fiscal year. Learn more about Design Thinking
DKL Hosts Breakfast for your Brain
Sponsored by the Monterey Chapter of the National Naval Officer's Association, NPS and DLI students provide academic coaching for K-12 students every Saturday mornings at DKL. 2 recent news pieces tell the story:
KION Central Coast News (January 11, 2014)
Inside NPS (December 2013 episode) begins at minute 16:54