Request Article or Book
(Interlibrary Loan - ILL)
Current authenticated NPS users can request to borrow materials from another library in support of learning, teaching, research, and other NPS mission-related efforts.
How to place a request
- First, use the Library Search to see if we already have access. If we do, please check out or download the item yourself. You don't need to submit a request. (Course Reserves are available at the Information Desk.)
- Read the Copyright Notice.
- If you need to request the item, submit the Request Article or Book (Interlibrary Loan) form. First time user registration required
Article PDFs can arrive as quickly as 2-3 days. Print books can take 1-2 weeks or longer.
We’ll also send library-owned print materials to you.
- We will ship to you at no cost.
- You are responsible for the small cost of shipping items back to us. Please return items via Priority Mail allowing enough time for the item to arrive by the due date.
How to register:
- Fill out the entire form
- Enter [ -DL ] after your last name
- Use the email you regularly read
- Include a phone number
- Ensure your shipping address is correct
- Enter [ Distance Student ] for your Status
- Include your curriculum name and number
Learn more about Interlibrary Loan.