Use groups to:
- Share your sources
- Collaborate on projects
- Discover others with similar interests
Group Libraries are separate from your personal My Library, so you can use Zotero groups as a way to keep separate libraries within one Zotero profile. (Make sure you have enabled Syncing so the libraries show up in your desktop program.)
- Dragging items between My Library and a Group Library creates a completely separate copy of the item
1. Create a New Group. Two ways.
- In Zotero desktop app, click the New Library icon.
- Select New Group. You'll be directed to zotero.org to set up your group.
- You can also create a group from within zotero.org.
2. Choose a name and Group Type
- Private - only group members and invited users are able to see the group's page
- Public, Closed Membership - anyone can view the group page, but the only way to join the group is by invitation of by requesting an invitation
- Public, Open Membership - The group page is public, and anyone can join instantly
3. Set permissions (Library Settings)
4. Invite users and assign roles (Members Settings)