When you install Zotero, it also adds a Zotero tab to your Word application. See our Download and Install instructions.
The plugin allows you to:
If you don't see the Zotero tab, try these Troubleshooting Tips.
When you are ready to cite in Word, ideally you have already verified the formatting in Zotero, edited as needed, and have produced clean, well-formatted citations to import.
1. Merge duplicates in Zotero
2. Go to the Zotero tab in Word
3. Click on Document Preferences to see a list of the installed citation styles
4. Click on the one you want to use, then click OK
Chicago NB users must choose the Full Note option.
5. If you don't see the one you want, click on Manage Styles > Get additional styles
6. Place cursor where you want the citation
7. Click Add/Edit Citation
8. Select citation
9. Add page number
For short papers, Quick Copy is the easiest way to go. You can use this technique with Word, Google Docs, email, or blog posts.
Add In-Text Citations:
1. Set your Quick Copy Export Preferences. You can do the following:
2. Hold down the shift key while dragging a reference from Zotero's middle pane into Word.